Chief Inspector of Factories, Assam Lower Division Assistant Dibrugarh and Nagaon
Applications in Standard form as published in the Assam Gazette Part IX are invited from
intending candidates who are bonafide citizen of India having Registration number in employment
exchange in the State of Assam for filling up the following vacant posts under the establishment of
the Chief Inspector of Factories. Assam
- Reservation of Posts:-
- Name of Post Total Number of Scale of Pay
1 Lower Division Assistant, 1 (One) PB-2
Zonal Factory office Dibrugarh Open Category Rs 14000 – 49000/-
Grade Pay Rs. 6200/-
2 Lower Division Assistant, 1 (One) PB-2
District Factory office Nagaon Open Category Rs. 14000 – 49000/-
Grade Pay Rs. 6200/-
- Educational Qualification:
- The Applicant must be graduate in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum
- The Candidate must possess a minimum of 6 (six) months Diploma/ Certificate in Computer
Proficiency from a recognized Institute. They must have good working knowledge of office
productivity software tools (independently of any operating system i.e. MS Windows, Linux,
MAC etc.) such as Word Processor, Spread Sheet, Presentation graphics, concept of database,
internet and email.
- Mode of Selection:
There shall be two phases of selection.
Phase – I: The candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in an
objective type written test to be held in the District Head Quarters of Assam i.e. in the
District of vacancies exist on a date to be notified later on. The syllabus of the Objective
type written test will be as follows:
SI No. Subject Total Marks
- General English including General Knowledge and 120
- Knowledge of Computer (Theory) 30
Phase– II : Against each vacancy, four candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks
obtained in the written test. After the written test, the shortlisted candidates will have to
appear in a Computer Practical Test in the respective place of- vacancies. The Computer
(Practical) Test will be of 50 Marks. They will have to bring all the original testimonials i.e.
Age proof Certificate, Educational Qualification certificates and Mark sheet, Computer
Proficiency Certificate, Employment Exchange Registration Certificate, Disability Certificate
(in case of PwD candidates)
- Terms and Conditions:
1) Candidates must not be less than 18 years or more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2020. The
Upper age is relaxable as per Govt. norms to SC/ST and persons with disabilities.
2) The Application must be accompanied by the followings:
(a) Copies of all certificates and valid employment exchange Registration Card.
(b) Two Copies of self attested recent passport size colour photograph
(c) A self addressed envelope (size 22 x 10 Cm) affixing postal stamp of Rs 5.00 only.
(d) Disability certificate (in case of PwD candidates).
(e) Declaration in Form- “A”, prescribed under Rule 5(1) of the Assam Public Service (Application
of Small Family Norms in Direct Recruitment) Rule, 2019, and available in our website
3) Candidates/ Applicants will have to super scribe the name of the post applied for at the top of
the sealed envelope carrying the application form.
4) The last date of receipt of Application is 15.09.2020. No application will be entertained after the
last date fixed.
5) The incomplete application will be rejected without giving any information to the candidate.
6) The Applicants will have to appear in all the tests at their own expenses.
7) The Candidates already in service must apply through proper channel.
8) Candidates with other qualification shown in the Standard Form of Application published in
Assam Gazette Part IX and person with previous experience of Govt./PSU and other reputed
organization shall be given preference.
9) Candidates willing to apply for more than one category of post shall submit application separately,
10) No responsibility shall be taken for loss or late delivery of the application and / or call letter by
11) Candidates should note that authorities may subsequently prepare a short list from the applicant
by fixing of cut off level and only those candidates who would qualify to enter the short list may
be called for test.
12) The candidates should submit their filled in application with all requisite document to the Chief
Inspectorate of Factories, Assam, Betkuchi, Lokhra, Guwahati – 781040.
13) The decision of the selection committee for Appointment of LDA under the establishment of
Factory Inspectorate as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the
examination shall be final.
Chief Inspector of Factories, Assam